Qigong for Health and Vitality
For the past 26 years Cheyne has trained with numerous high-level martial arts instructors and masters from China, Malaysia, Singapore, and the U.S.A. including:
- Lin Qui Ping (3 times world/8 times Chinese Taiji champion)
- The late Grand Master Chee Kim Thong (5 Ancestor Fist Kung Fu)
- Master Kim Han (5 Ancestor Fist Kung Fu and Coach of the British Wushu team)
- Sifu Chris Turner (Cheng Man Ching Yang style Tai Chi and Wudang Shen Quan Qigong)
- Guru Jak Othman (Harimau Berantai Pencak Silat)
- Master Tan Suoh Teng (5 Ancestor Fist Kung Fu)
- Sifu Nathan Menaged (Liu He Ba Fa/Water Style Boxing)
- Dr. Vernon Bell (Founding-father of the British Karate-do movement in 1957, and co-founder of the British Association of Therapeutical Hypnotists, 1951)
For the past 27 years Cheyne has been training in and continues to study various forms of martial arts, with a focus on Tai Chi, Chi Kung and Liu He Ba Fa (Water Style Boxing) for both health and self-protection. He is also a fully trained professional Hypnotherapist, and a committee member of the British Association of Therapeutical Hypnotists (Est. 1951).
With a wealth of experience as a teacher of these wonderful methods of self-empowerment and healing, he has worked with people from 7 – 80+ years old, including those with M.E., M.S., Crones Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Asthma, and various other conditions, as well as with personal trainers, pilates, dance, yoga and martial arts instructors from various disciplines.
Here at Highgate Fitness Studios Cheyne teaches both small group and one-to-one sessions in Tai Chi, Chi Kung and Self-Defence. All sessions focus on the development and cultivation of one’s internal energy (Qi), relaxed vitality and the harmony of Heart, Mind and Body, as well as the application of these principles for Self-Defence.
Highgate Fitness Studios, 191-199 Archway Rd,
Contact: Cheyne Towers
Tel: 0208 340 4113